2014-04-15

Reminiscing

Lately I've been in a mood of reflection. I think the where did time go? mentality has hit. Especially after counting the weeks left in my freshman year of college.

Really, where did time go?

It seems like just three months ago I moved in and met so many people, feeling overwhelmed and slightly lost. Already, so many memories escape my recollections. But there are those that stick around, like the Color Run, late night Ihop trip, hammock adventure, Kansas city road trip, and so on. Priceless stories. Unexpected outcomes. Unforeseen friendships.

And I'm not really sure why, but I keep looking back to my final months of high school, senior year. It's not like I want to go back; college is incredible. But after growing up in a school where the 24 other people in your class are your family and everyone knows everyone, you can't help but miss it a little.

Last night I hosted a prospective student in my dorm and it brought back all kinds of memories. College decisions, uncertainty, cherished moments, senior retreat, graduation. I thought about where I was then, and where I am now. What's changed and what hasn't. Good changes. Bad changes.

I put it all in perspective.

All that is to say, it's time for a little redirection. It's time to be purposeful and diligent and strive for better, not just live day to day.

*ps: Here's a playlist for today

No comments:

Post a Comment