2014-05-23

Returning

Ahh...California. I'm back.

Back in this state that feels so full of everything, yet empty of people to share that everything with.

Moving here after my graduation from high school was probably one of the hardest things I've ever done. Leaving my neighborhood and city of ten years, hugging my friends goodbye, driving across the country to a state left behind in my very early childhood, struggling to spend the summer entertaining myself--none of these were the definition of easy.

Which makes returning for another summer, well, difficult.

It could be worse, of course. I could be here all summer. (Instead, I have an Italy adventure coming up, more details later). I could be stuck in a state with absolutely nothing. I could be utterly alone, without even parents. There are so many worse situations I could find myself in.

Despite it all, why mope around and fall into a state of depression like I did last summer?

I vow to make this summer a joyride of adventure, surprise, upward climbs, infinite books, watermelon, sandy beaches, kitschy cards, sundresses, coral lipstick, laughter, spontaneity, and anything else that happens to tickle my fancy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment