2014-02-23

When Life Throws You Off + Imagine Dragons

Unexpected events. Sometime's they're pleasant surprises. Other times they pop up at the most inconvenient times, and "oh my gosh, why NOW?" Well, let's just say a few too many surprising circumstances have happened to me this week, especially regarding car troubles and getting stuck in inconvenient places. Like the side of the road at 1 AM, hours from where I need to be. Or the Barnes and Noble parking lot. I'm pretty sure AAA is my new best friend. And I'm very indebted to kind tow truck drivers who drive out of their way 45 minutes to get you closer to a friend's house. I'm also thankful for said friend, who happened to be awake and offered a place to stay. Let me just say, I'm surrounded by some great people. Whether comforting me through a breakdown at the edge of the road, forcing me to just relax the next day, trying to help even without a clue what to do (while strangers in a car watch the whole time in a slightly creepy way), calling late at night with concern, or being flexible with plans, they have helped me not go crazy with the pressure to do everything right. Because things like this happen. And it's okay.
All unforeseen adventures aside, my actual plans for this weekend included attending an Imagine Dragons concert. No doubt, this was the largest concert I've attended, filling a huge stadium. Yet, standing very close to the front by the stage, I hardly even registered the amount of people behind me. I loved the contagious energy, intense percussion, gigantic balls of confetti, and music of course! So worth it, despite everything that followed.

No comments:

Post a Comment